IPC Video Stream Pushing
I. Service Introduction
The IPC Video Stream Pushing service pushes audio and video data that an IPC device has collected to the screen of a third-party terminal in real time, such as an Amazon Alexa’s Echo Show, Echo Spot, or Fire TV, and Google Assistant’s Google Home Hub or Chromecast. The service will support additional terminals that can receive audio and video data in the near future.
Connecting Multiple Intelligent Platforms
After you enable this service, the audio and video content of your IPC devices is not only available in TuyaSmart or Smart Life but also on the screens of third-party terminals, such as Google’s Chromecast and Amazon’s Echo Show.
Continuous Upgrade and Interaction
Two-way voice communication between IPC devices and third-party terminals with a screen and playback of cloud-stored videos will be available soon. (Playback is subject to the capabilities that a third-party terminal opens.) For example, you can use an Echo Show speaker to answer the video doorbell and open the door through a voice command. A better user experience with your devices requires only a firmware upgrade.
II. Service Subscription Process
1. Logging In to the Tuya Smart Platform
Open the Tuya Smart platform login page (https://auth.tuya.com). If you have an account, log in with the account. If you do not have an account, click Sign Up to register an account and then log in.
2. Opening the Value-added Services Page
Click Value-added Services at the top of the homepage to open the Value-added Services page.
3. Selecting the Required Service
Click Data Service from the service categories at the top. Locate the IPC Video Stream Pushing service and click Subscribe. Alternatively, click Service introduction to view the service details and then click Subscribe to subscribe to the service.
4. Entering Purchase Information
Select a service subscription method.
(1) If you select Upload the UUIDs File: Select a product for which to enable the IPC Video Stream Pushing service. Click Upload next to Upload the UUIDs File to select the UUID file required for the service.
Note: The UUID file must be a TXT file with one UUID per row. The system automatically calculates the number of UUIDs in the file.
(2) If you select Select Delivery: Select a B/L for which to enable the IPC Video Stream Pushing service. The system automatically calculates the number of UUIDs in the B/L.
The system provides a quotation based on the number of UUIDs. You can redeem a coupon if you have one. To redeem a coupon, contact your Tuya business manager.
5. Selecting a Payment Method
Select a payment method on the Corporate online banking, Third party payment, or Offline remittance tab page.
6. Completing Service Subscription
After payment, the IPC Video Stream Pushing service is enabled. Click Value-added Services and then My Services to view purchased services. Then, click Management for the IPC Video Stream Pushing service to view the purchase records.
1. What Are the Prerequisites for Enabling the IPC Video Stream Pushing Service?
(1) Your device is an IPC device.
(2) The IPC device must use Tuya solutions, have been connected to Tuya Cloud, and support video stream pushing.
(3) The IPC device has been connected to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. (After you subscribe to the service, Tuya will connect your product to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for free.)
2. How Can the Device UUIDs Be Obtained to Apply for the IPC Video Stream Pushing Service?
Factory customers can query production records, record the UUIDs of the devices for which the Video Stream Pushing service needs to be enabled, and submit the information on a form. Brand customers need to obtain the device UUID list from the device manufacturer.
3. Is IPC Video Stream Pushing Safe?
The IPC Video Stream Pushing service uses standard third-party platform protocols, such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, to transmit audio and video data encrypted at bank level in compliance with GDPR privacy regulations to guarantee your privacy.
4. How Do I Watch Videos on the Screen of My Echo Show Speaker After I Subscribe to the IPC Video Stream Pushing Service?
Bind your IPC device to your Echo Show speaker. Say “Alexa, show me <IPC device name>” to the speaker to invoke the video stream push function. The speaker displays live video of the IPC device on its screen. For more operational instructions and functions, see the official manuals for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.